Wednesday, February 1, 2012

If You Give a Girl Some Yarn

I'm sure many of you have read the children's book If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff.  Once the boy gives the pig his pancake, events seem to spiral out of control.  Well that happened to me this weekend when I took my 11 year old granddaughter, Camryn, to the yarn store.

She settled on some bright purple yarn with "sparkles" in it.  As soon as we got home, she wanted me to make her a curly scarf.  Once she had the scarf, she decided that she needed matching fingerless gloves to go with it. Then, she had to have a headband.  You would think this would satisfy her, but no.  She "really" needed a cup cozy to match her scarf, gloves, and headband.  I thought I finally had her satisfied when she remembered that she must have a bracelet to complete the look.  Before the weekend was over, I knew exactly how the little boy felt after giving the pig that pancake.

As you can see, all of the work was worth it.  The smile on her face is priceless.

 Being silly for the camera.  (The beautiful basset hound is Miss Lilly Belle.)

OK, this one is just to show her off : )

             
                               
                                                 As you can see, she was busy crafting, also.




This week I have been the same way.  I started making hats and have been unable to stop.  I won't make you look at all 15 hats I have made so far, but I will share the one that totally surprised me.  The colors turned out to go beautifully together.  



So if you give a girl some yarn, she will go crazy wanting things made from it or making things herself.  Regardless of a girl's age, beautiful yarn excites them.



No comments:

Post a Comment